We’ve all heard the saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” And we believe that Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Content Marketing Platforms is no exception:
However, this wouldn’t be a Tech Talk if we didn’t take a deeper dive into how the features of our platform got us to the most coveted spot in the Magic Quadrant.
Being a Magic Quadrant Leader
This is both the second annual Magic Quadrant for CMPs, and the second year in a row that NewsCred has been positioned the highest and furthest to the right. As our CEO wrote, it’s an honor, and we believe it directly reflects how the market views NewsCred’s ability to meet its requirements, now and in the future.
When we pivoted our focus to integrated marketing last year, we began advocating for the importance of all marketing content (vs. simply content marketing). We recognized that content has become the common fuel across the entire marketing organization and represents the connective tissue between each function, region, and line of business. Through that, we saw an opportunity to help our customers address an age-old challenge: if we could unify teams, transform how they work, and empower them to plan and create — together — we could unleash their true potential and elevate performance.
We believe Content Marketing Platforms have the opportunity to become that strategic centerpiece for global marketing organizations. So, we set out to build a world-class platform — a new edition of our CMP — that enables marketing teams to come together within a single solution to plan, collaborate, distribute, and measure multichannel campaigns and their supporting content. And we believe the results of this year’s Magic Quadrant begin to validate that vision.
Here are 3 factors that contributed to Gartner’s strong assessment of NewsCred, and our perspective on the relevance and importance for all marketers:
1. “Data-driven planning and performance analytics.”
The NewsCred CMP is built on a rich foundation of analytics, beginning at the planning phase and continuing through each module for comprehensive performance measurement and ongoing optimization. By integrating multiple data sources across the entire platform, we are able to serve up intelligent recommendations at every phase of campaign and content execution, empowering our customers to make smart, data-backed decisions.
- Idea Lab aggregates SEO, social trend, and competitive share of voice data to provide recommendations on new keywords and topics, and help marketers engage their audience through creative content and campaign themes.
- Operational Efficiency & Production Analytics identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the marketing organization, track what is being planned vs. produced, and holds teams accountable for completing tasks on time.
- Campaign & Content Analytics measure the end-to-end impact of campaigns and content — from first-touch engagement to closed-won attribution — to help marketers understand what’s resonating by regions, target audiences, and themes within the context of a campaign.
2. “Support for complex use cases.”
Building a strategic centerpiece for global marketing teams requires a powerful, flexible environment, capable of supporting advanced use cases. NewsCred solves for this by delivering functionality that allows multiple types of groups within an organization — sometimes beyond the marketing team — to collaborate and get work done within the CMP, while enabling enterprise organizations to effectively scale their integrated marketing programs:
- Global Campaign Planning allows teams to collaboratively develop campaign strategies and align every team member on the objective, target audience, key messaging, content plan, and marketing mix.
- Enterprise-Ready Architecture — including global-to-local instance set-up, flexible workflows, and support for multi-format content production — to maximize visibility, foster greater collaboration, and increase efficiency.
- Work Requests centralize ad hoc requests received from other functions of the organization (e.g. Sales, Product, HR) and help marketing teams streamline the prioritization, assignment, and execution of those activities in a single location.
3. “A comprehensive, well-integrated platform.”
Delivering a complete, end-to-end solution requires extending capabilities beyond the core platform. By combining robust campaign planning and content creation capabilities with seamless integrations into leading systems and complimentary content and service offerings, NewsCred helps marketing organizations orchestrate the distribution of content across every customer touchpoint in order to deliver a consistent, cross-channel content experience.
- Content & Professional Service Offerings, including the largest marketplace of relevant licensed and original content as well as strategic advisory services, supplement the platform and deliver a complete, end-to-end solution.
- Library centralizes content and brand assets for easy discovery and utilization across functional and multi-market teams, while tracking the full usage history for a clear picture of who is repurposing what content and when.
- Native Integrations across the entire MarTech stack — including Content Management Systems, Social Media Management, Marketing Automation, and CRMs — to streamline content distribution and maximize content utilization.
Click here for a complimentary copy of the full Gartner report, or contact us to learn more about the NewsCred Content Marketing Platform and request a demo.
Anthony Aiosa is NewsCred’s Director of Product Marketing.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from NewsCred here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.