You’ve heard many times that business is all about teamwork and collaboration. However, it takes more than good intentions to implement this principle in your day-to-day operations, you also need the right tools.
That’s why businesses invest so much in communication software, CRMs, budgeting tools, and other products. And collaboration tools are becoming more important all the time.
In 2020, remote work became more prevalent than ever as many employees and teams had to work from home. Finances Online reports a 176% increase in collaborative app installation between the onset of COVID-19 lockdowns and May 2020.
Of course, the importance of collaboration goes beyond the pandemic as trends like remote work have been accelerating for years.
For teams to communicate effectively, they need tools that are user-friendly and cover a wide range of applications. One issue many organizations grapple with is the sheer number of programs and apps, each focusing on a different issue.
It’s easy to avoid this confusion and streamline your collaboration efforts with software tools already on the market. Let’s explore the advantages of managing your marketing collaboration tasks from a single marketing collaboration software platform.
Why You Need Marketing Collaboration Software Tools
Business is all about teamwork. What’s different today is that individuals and teams are often working from disparate locations rather than face-to-face.
The ability to communicate is crucial for productivity. A study by ClearCompany found that 86% of employees and executives consider lack of collaboration and ineffective communication the main factor in workplace failures.
Here are some key benefits to using marketing software that facilitates communication.
Faster and More Efficient Communication
Timing and efficiency are paramount to business communications. Having the right software platform helps you accomplish this in several ways.
- Team members can quickly exchange messages, share files, plan meetings, and share information about a project or client. Timely messages can be accessed in real-time.
- Redundancy is avoided. If your team uses multiple platforms, Joe may write a report without not realizing that Mary already wrote it. A single platform where everyone can easily track responsibilities and progress helps you avoid such time-wasting errors.
- It’s easier to meet deadlines and milestones. When team members collaborate effectively, it’s simple to keep track of progress and stay on schedule.
- Eliminate confusion and miscommunication. If you’re using myriad communication methods such as email, Slack, Skype, Asana, Zoom, Google Hangouts, and various social media sites, the chances of people missing important information go up. When you can find the right tool, everyone knows where to go to find and share the latest information.
Paperwork Belongs to the Past
Even though we’re deep into the digital age, many companies still find themselves drowning in paperwork. While some hard copies may be essential from time to time, using paper has several disadvantages.
Documents can be lost. Proprietary information can be seen by many people (or the wrong people). Not to mention all of the trees sacrificed to make that paper.
Obviously, digital data is more environmentally friendly and potentially more secure. When you use an advanced collaboration tool, you drastically reduce the need for paperwork.
Connect Better With Prospects and Customers
In addition to improving communication between and within teams, marketing collaboration software helps with client outreach. How and when you connect with a lead or client has a huge impact on the success of your project.
The ideal marketing collaboration software for your organization should:
- Coordinate efforts so clients aren’t contacted by multiple sales or marketing reps on the same day or for the same issue.
- Keep track of where prospects are in the sales journey. For example, you won’t waste time trying to sell John something he’s already bought or can’t use.
- Contact clients at the optimal times and using the appropriate methods. Depending on their preferences and where they live, you want to make sure you connect in the right way and at the right time. Track clients’ time zones and preferred mode of communication.
- Respond to customer support issues promptly. When someone has a question or problem, you want to respond quickly. Software tools help you stay alert on pressing issues and let everyone know when someone has responded and what still needs to be done.
What Can Your Marketing Team Do With Marketing Collaboration Software?
More and more businesses are recognizing the value of collaboration software. Statista projects that the global collaboration software market will soon exceed $13.5 billion.
But why are so many marketers and businesses embracing this type of software?
Marketing collaboration has quite a few benefits. When choosing a software product or service, it’s helpful to find one that can solve many problems at once.
So let’s look at some specific areas where your marketing teams can utilize this type of software.
Communication and Collaboration
Businesses use a variety of software products, both free and paid, for communications. Some of the most popular are Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Slack, G Suite, and Office 365.
These tools allow you to collaborate with your marketing team through:
- Instant messaging.
- Email invitations.
- Video conferencing.
- File sharing and storage.
Budget management is another area where communication is crucial. Today, most businesses understand the need for digital solutions to budgeting.
QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Budget Maestro, and NetSuite are all budget management tools. With them, you can handle tasks such as:
- Budget allocation and rollups.
- Expense and project management.
- Invoice management.
- Financial reports.
- Forecasting and analytics.
Task management tools are at the heart of productivity for businesses. They are especially helpful when working with remote teams.
Software such as Asana, Trello, and Teamwork provide solutions for issues such as:
- Planning and tracking marketing campaigns.
- Setting goals and prioritizing tasks.
- Project management.
- Managing remote teams.
- Creating schedules and timelines.
Time tracking software has come a long way in recent years, evolving from time clocks to sophisticated digital applications. Apps such as Toggl, Timely, TimeCamp, Connecteam, and others perform several key functions, such as:
- Set pay rates for different types of workers.
- Tracking hours worked by employees and freelancers.
- Monitor budgets and expenses for projects.
- Track team performance.
- Integrate with relevant applications such as budget and accounting software.
The Problem with Too Many Apps
78% of marketers use 5 or more tools to plan, manage, and execute their campaigns. When you consider the many kinds of marketing collaboration software designed to handle so many diverse tasks, it’s easy to see why many businesses struggle to juggle several apps and programs.
While some of the programs mentioned overlap and integrate smoothly with other apps, you still might need to use more applications than you and your team can handle. Even with integration, balancing so many tools can get confusing.
One solution to this conundrum is to find a product that can address all of your marketing collaboration needs. With this in mind, let’s explore a platform that allows you to do all this and more.
Welcome‘s Marketing Collaboration Software and Orchestration Platform
Welcome‘s platform is designed to solve all of your marketing needs, so you don’t overload your teams with a mountain of software. This software, created with marketers in mind, features tons of functions that allow you to run your business more efficiently and profitably.
In short, Welcome has the right marketing collaboration software for all your marketing-related tasks, from planning to execution to evaluation.
Plan Your Marketing Campaigns
Implementing the right marketing strategy takes planning. With Welcome‘s marketing planning software, you can keep everyone on your team up to date with the latest projects, tasks, and deadlines.
It gives you across-the-board control and visibility to ensure the highest levels of communication and accountability. Some of the features useful in this stage of the marketing process are:
- Shared calendars that allow you to track the progress of marketing plans in real-time with a single, unified calendar view for all campaigns.
- Campaign workspaces that centralize planning across all teams and markets.
- Capacity planning to help you keep track of what tasks each team is working on and identify instances of under or over-utilization.
- Budget management to manage your marketing budgets with granular visibility. Keep an eye on your budget with simplified invoice management, financial reporting, and budget allocation.
Marketing workflow management software lets you centralize marketing requests and intake forms. Stakeholders will also be able to easily organize and manage marketing requests with intelligent routing rules.
After switching to Welcome, SFI Health saw a 2x efficiency increase (completing 280 assets/year as compared to 142 previously).
Team Collaboration Tools
Welcome has marketing collaboration software that can improve team communication, putting everyone on the same page.
- Shared, intuitive workspaces ensure that everyone has access to accurate, up-to-date information. In-app comments and notifications also allow for efficient communication.
- A content marketing platform to make the most of all content types, like text, images, and videos. Robust content editors allow your team to create powerful content for brand-building, educating your audience, and SEO.
- Maximize user management. Platform admins can easily manage sharing, collaboration, roles, and responsibilities across your team, all while maintaining data security and consistent branding.
Marketing Asset Management
The platform seamlessly integrates asset management for easy access across teams.
- The library lets you centralize and share marketing assets globally.
- Content utilization tracking lets you monitor assets across teams and markets.
- Global asset governance makes it easy to monitor content according to brand compliance standards.
Marketing performance software provides data-driven teams with essential data. This makes it easy to gain actionable insights and show results.
- With ROI analytics, get complete attribution throughout the sales funnel. It integrates perfectly with top CRM and marketing automation platforms.
- Measure content performance. Learn which topics, content formats, and platforms drive the most engagement and conversions.
- Easily assess campaign analytics. Then, you can identify and scale up your most successful campaigns. In addition, you can make sure your budget is allocated to the highest performing marketing activities.
- Operational and productivity analytics to help you improve results and identify the causes of delays.
Your Entire Business Depends on Collaboration, Especially Your Marketing Team
Every successful business relies on smooth communication and collaboration at every level. Using the wrong tools, or too many of them, slows down progress and contributes to confusion.
Upgrading to a single platform can save time and bring about improvements in many areas. Ready to try a marketing collaboration software that can replace dozens of other applications?? Get started with a free Welcome account today!