Does your business know what it is doing next month? How about next quarter? Do you know what’s happening next fiscal year?
If not, you’re ready to dive into Content Calendar Software and pick out a program that actually lives up to the hype.
You may be thinking: calendars? What can be original about calendars? Calendars are all the same.
Actually, they’re not. Some structure your workflow so that everything progresses smoothly, and some, well, don’t.
But there are so many content calendars, so many templates, tools, and apps. How do you know if you’re picking the right calendar?
This guide will tell you exactly how. You’ll learn:
- What a content calendar is.
- What a content calendar solution should look like.
- How Welcome addresses the topic of content calendar software.
We’ll analyze the features of content calendar software and give you a feature-by-feature breakdown of what you should be looking for in a good calendar to optimize your content marketing.
Without further fanfare, let’s start our comprehensive guide to content calendar software.
What is Content Calendar Software?
How are you supposed to keep track of your meetings, who’s on what team, when the prototype is due, and when you need that grant finished?
In addition, how can you keep your entire workforce in the loop and able to access only the information they need to know to do their job?
That’s right — a calendar. You may not think much about calendars, but their functions determine how smoothly your business and content strategy run.
If a calendar has too many features, no one will ever use it to its full ability. If it has too few, you won’t get the organization you need.
Choosing content calendar software is not a small decision. It is vital to your organization.
At its base, a calendar is just a tool to stay organized. How it’s used, what function it has, and how it integrates with all your other software make all the difference.
What Should You Keep in Mind When Selecting Content Calendar Software?
There are a lot of features you’d like your content calendar software to have, but you can’t know what’s right for you if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
Before you choose the type of software that works best for your organization you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- What features are most vital to my success? For example, do I need to prioritize collaboration, follow-ups, assignments, etc.?
- How simple do I want it to be for my employees to use the calendar? How many features do I want the calendar to have?
- Does the content calendar software support our overall business strategy? For example, does it update on social media content, support blogging, have visual components, etc.?
Welcome Solves Your Content Calendar Software Puzzle
Welcome is the answer to your content calendar software puzzle.
There’s a lot to love about this versatile content calendar. What’s most amazing about Welcome’s software is its ability to adapt to your needs.
Unlike other content calendars and calendar tools, Welcome helps you see, share, and stay sharp! Our integrated marketing calendar software keeps your content creation and your campaigns on track, covering everything including social media management, blog content, and SEO.
Here are some features that illustrate Welcome’s prowess in creating content calendar software:
- A one-stop-shop: A single unified view allows your marketing teams to be on the same page while being versatile enough to pivot when priorities change.
- Transparency: One place for your key stakeholders to stay in the loop, visualizing the big picture when it comes to plans and initiatives.
- Adaptable: Not everyone needs the same capabilities from their content calendar software. Our software is completely customizable to meet the needs of your business, where it’s a big organization or a startup.
- Connectivity: All your marketing plans can be updated in real-time and connected to your broader initiatives with a breakdown of all sub-campaigns.
- Collaborative: Keep all your team members in touch with drop-down menus to update deadlines and agile features to keep your entire team informed.
- Informative: At one glance, you’ll be able to track all metrics from a bird’s-eye view, including what everyone in your department is doing, when they are doing it, and what deadlines are approaching.
But enough about all the features that Welcome offers.
Let’s look at how Welcome’s software stacks up against the competitors’ best content calendar software.
The Best Content Calendar Software: Which Tool Makes The Cut?
As you’d imagine, there are tons of content calendar solutions out there. Here are some of the best ones focused on content planning, content management, and task management.
First up is Wrike, a set of templates that also double as a content calendar. This software product helps various teams connect marketing strategy, marketing planning, execution, and results in one platform.
Here are some of Wrike’s functionality templates:
- Time tracking
- Collaborative editing
- Visual timelines
- File sharing
- Organized file management
Wrike has an eye toward creating content calendar templates that can be customized for any purpose. However, it can be tricky to customize these templates to have the features you need, and some templates may not have the desired functionality.
Wrike’s approach allows you to take the same general templates and use them without committing to anything specific.
Welcome, on the other hand, allows you to customize your content calendar and also boasts a strong base program.
Bynder takes a very similar approach to Wrike with customizable templates instead of content calendar software.
Their templates promise to:
- Streamline the content creation process
- Standardize time requests
- Review and proof meeting times
- Approve team spaces
- Analyze workflow
Similar to Wrike, Bynder wants to have it all. As a result, they have customizable templates but no real content calendar software to compare to Welcome‘s solutions.
Up next is Box; they call their content calendar system a secure collaboration system.
Some of Box’s key use cases include:
- User-friendly interface
- Real-time syncing
- Cross-platform collaboration
- Controlling content security and permissions
Welcome has developed a powerful content calendar, while Box has created a large collaboration program that happens to have certain content calendar tools.
Another system worth a mention is Monday. It has an app called Meetly that can be downloaded to one of its software packages. Meetly enables you to:
- Create smart meeting notes
- Link to Google calendar
- Import calendar events from elsewhere
- Keep information safe
In order to increase functionality, Meetly connects to Google calendar and uses Google’s features. It piggybacks off a larger software developer to flesh out its features.
Welcome has a strong product all on its own.
Last but certainly not least is Trello. Trello calls its content calendar software Trello cards.
This software solution claims to offer an “ecosystem of checklists, due dates, attachments, conversations, and more.” Marketers can use Trello to:
- Manage deadlines
- Provide and track feedback
- Assign tasks and hand off work
- Connect work across apps and plugins
Trello is the first of the companies we’ve looked at that doesn’t have open templates or an afterthought application to give them their due. Instead, they seem to have put some thought into their content calendar software.
However, Welcome‘s content calendar software is much more specific on how we deliver what we promise to deliver. We have a powerful architecture with well-designed features that will organize every aspect of your project management.
So… Which Is The Best Content Calendar Software?
We’re proud of what we built at Welcome, which is why we are comparing our product with our competitors’ side by side and show you why we created the software to organize your business.
We knew early on that businesses needed software that would organize their entire business while also keeping track of how productive teams were being when it comes to content production.
So, are you ready to take action? Are you ready to try Welcome’s innovative software?
The best time to adopt Welcome as your go-to content calendar solution is now!
What are you waiting for? Get started with a free Welcome account today!