So you’ve decided you’re ready to take your content marketing strategy to the next level by investing in a brand new tool—congrats!
But as you start your research, you soon discover that there are dozens upon dozens of content marketing software tools (hundreds, in fact). How will you know which is the right platform for your marketing stack?
Like with every tricky marketing question, the answer is: it depends.
In this post, we’ll cut through the noise in the content marketing software market and tell you:
- What exactly is a content marketing platform?
- How Welcome fits into the content marketing jigsaw
- Content marketing platform analysis: a feature-by-feature dissection of some of the best tools out there
Sounds like a plan, right? Now do yourself (and your content strategy) a favor and read this blog to the very end.
Ready? Let’s go!
What is Content Marketing Software, Exactly?
True to its name, a content marketing platform (CMP) is a software solution that enables marketers to plan, envision, collaborate, and create pieces of content that successfully raise brand awareness, improve lead generation, and jumpstart revenue.
Now you’re asking, “Will I accomplish all that with a single tool?”
Truth is, you can, but only if you choose the right CMP (more on this in a short while).
At its best, a content marketing solution promises to elevate your marketing campaigns through a string of features, including:
- Content creation and marketing automation workflows
- Built-in SEO (search engine optimization) tools
- Email marketing processes
- Integrated sharing and distribution of content
- Lead capturing tools for the entire marketing team
- Content management, analysis, and tracking
- Social media management workflows
- And more!
Simply put, it’s a type of project management software specifically designed to supercharge your content marketing activities.
Still skeptical of the value that a CMP carries? Maybe the upcoming section will change your mind.
Joining the Pieces: How Welcome Fits Into Your Content Marketing Puzzle
We thought that if we’re ever going to convince you about the perks of content marketing solutions, we might as well start with our very own product—Welcome.
And here we are.
You see, Welcome is not your ordinary content marketing software.
It’s specifically cut out for marketers. Savvy marketers. Individuals who actually want to collaborate and optimize their content production processes.
This alone qualifies it as the most comprehensive option on the CMP market.
With Welcome, you can accomplish the following content marketing goals and more:
- Create and proof content of all formats (think: .ppt, .xls, .doc, .mp4, or any other format)
- Distribute content to every channel—be it LinkedIn, Facebook, landing pages, blog, or anything in between—from a powerful, all-in-one platform
- Customize workflows for any type of content (think: white papers, infographics, social posts, etc.)
- Leverage SEO and keyword research metrics to produce quality content
- Elevate your content management practices through actionable templates and drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Creatively connect your content creation lifecycle with your social media plans, email marketing strategy, and any other pieces of your digital marketing strategy
But that’s just a taste of the Welcome candy. Since Welcome is a platform developed by marketers for marketers, rest assured there are more content marketing features in it.
All you have to do is give it a try.
Allow us to postpone the Welcome talk for a moment (excuse our apparent bias here).
Now let’s shift gears and look at what made you click on this blog in the first place: the best content marketing software today.
The Best Content Marketing Solutions: Which Tool Is Worth Your Hard-Earned Bucks?
Newsflash: you don’t just need a tool; you need the right tool.
That’s why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to do the digging, the heavy lifting, the sifting on your behalf. The result is a curated list of the best content marketing solutions out there.
Without further ado, here are five CMPs that might refine your content experiences (other than Welcome).
Looking to improve your content marketing efforts with a powerful project management tool? How about luring your target audience through content tagging and filtering?
ClickUp is a frequent guest on top content marketing software lists claiming to offer solutions to these challenges. But that’s all it is—a claim.
That being said, ClickUp’s strengths lie in the following areas:
- Plenty of custom fields and subtasks that streamline publishing operations
- Custom checklists to help marketers remember every step of the content creation process
- A visual interface with 1,000+ integrations to get content marketers started quickly
- Pre-loaded task templates to help organize your editorial calendar
OK, we won’t sugarcoat anything here—ClickUp promises a lot yet delivers little, at least in terms of content marketing.
For one, ClickUp’s functionality templates don’t focus on content ideation, which is a shame because, without ideation, the whole process of identifying relevant topics will be dead on arrival.
It’ll be nearly impossible to churn out great content…quality content that speaks to the readers’ exact pain points.
No need to worry, though, as Welcome has got you covered.
On top of streamlining the entire content creation process, Welcome acts as the ultimate collaboration hub for ideation, publishing, and anything in between.
But that’s not all.
It also empowers marketers with enterprise-grade, content curation workflows that accelerate execution and optimize output. What more could you possibly ask for in a content marketing solution?
Some talk has been going on lately about whether or not it should be considered a content marketing platform.
Our answer? Well, it ticks some content marketing boxes, so it might as well be deemed as one. A closer look at Asana reveals the following content marketing capabilities:
- Template tasks that help standardize workback schedules
- An intuitive conversation tab to keep all the relevant stakeholders in the loop
- A ton of custom fields go a long way in capturing and surfacing important project details
As an SaaS platform, Asana is designed to scale up as team members and requirements increase. Scaling up, however, is difficult if the solution itself is difficult to use (What a bummer!).
That’s where Welcome comes in.
Since we know too well that the proof is always in the pudding, we don’t tell you to take our word for it.
Instead, we tell you to put our content marketing platform to the test. And since we have confidence in our product, we know you’ll love it from the word go.
But ease-of-use is not the only aspect that Welcome outwits Asana.
You see, Welcome doesn’t just surface crucial project details—it also centralizes them for easy discovery and reuse across all teams and stakeholders. How cool is that?
Up next is Trello, a project management solution that allows marketers to organize assets, keep pieces of content updated, and communicate effortlessly with their team members.
Some of Trello’s key templates include:
- Boards, lists, and cards to empower beginner marketers
- Built-in automation capability that helps reduce the number of tedious tasks
- Ability to integrate other work tools in your existing workflow
At first glance, Trello looks like the ultimate content marketing platform. It’s anything but.
In fact, its use cases are so scattered that they go beyond marketers—accountants, HR professionals, and project managers are right in the mix too. So if you’re looking for a solution that’s exclusively for marketers, you might want to pass up Trello.
What do we mean?
Trello’s strengths do not necessarily lie in content marketing. We’ll give it marks for collaboration, but that’s just about.
If you want a collaborative hub that’s solely focused on content marketing, look no further than Welcome.
For one, the native digital asset management functionalities in Welcome mean that you can seamlessly push content to your most important downstream streams—CRM, social, and more—with just a few clicks.
This template alone shows that Trello is not fit to hold a candle to Welcome. We rest our case.
Another entrant in our content marketing tools list is Workfront.
Much like Asana, Workfront is pretty difficult to use. But if you’re willing to overlook this bottleneck, you can find some value in the tool’s key templates, including:
- 150+ pre-built connectors to the most popular business applications
- Ability to leverage the Workfront + Adobe combo for greater marketing efficiency
- Real-time insights into the volume, value, and velocity of work being done across your marketing team
- And more
In short, Workfront is a work management tool that, if utilized correctly, can make a considerable difference in your content marketing processes.
That said, it still falls shy of Welcome (sadly so).
Why? You ask.
The reason is simple: Workfront can’t match Welcome’s collaborative prowess.
Welcome doesn’t just bring teams together in a single dedicated space for content; it empowers them to initiate actionable workflows.
And if you’ve been in the content marketing realm for long enough, you know that workflows are everything. That’s right, everything.
Besides, Workfront’s pricing is a bit of a put off.
Last but certainly not least on our comparison guide is Sprinklr, a solution that leverages AI to bring care, research, sales and engagement, and marketing together.
A few of its core functionality templates include:
- A unified platform capable of capturing relevant customer data across modern channels at scale
- AI-powered insights that help in brainstorming future content plans
- A workflow engine that takes the whole concept of digital asset management to the next level
- The ability to track brand content on social, web, and email
Again, it’s worth noting that Sprinklr is not purpose-built for marketing. It’s largely a unified CXM platform.
So, if you’re looking for the best content marketing platform, it’s certainly not this one. And even if you settled on Sprinklr, you’d still miss out on the collaborative perks of tools like Welcome.
The Best Content Marketing Might Be Right Under Your Nose
Many content marketing solutions in this guide promise to be the cat’s meow to your overall promotional strategy. But they sadly disappoint (as proven throughout this post).
The same cannot be said of Welcome. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again—Welcome is the king of the marketing jungle. Other tools are mere spectators (cheerleaders, if you may).
Don’t believe us? Why don’t you try Welcome for yourself? Get started with a free account today!